Velocity Reviews

-   -   DIV drawing on other div (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t607801-div-drawing-on-other-div.html)

liorlew 04-27-2008 01:40 AM

DIV drawing on other div

Hello,

I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
and 3 columns. the problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).

this is my code:
</head>
HEADER

rleft side

FOOTER

the css is:

body {
text-align: center;
min-width: 700;
}
#wrapper {
text-align: left;
margin: 0px auto;
padding: 0px;
border:0;
width: 750px;

}

#header {
border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
margin: 0 0 2px 0;
background: #F0FFFF;
}

#pubs_top {
background: #F0FFFF;
margin: 2 0 1px 0;
border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
}

#menu {
background-image: url("line.bmp");
background-repeat: repeat-x;
margin: 0 0 1px 0;
hight:50;
}

#side-a {
float: left;
width: 150px;
background: #F0FFFF;
margin-bottom: 5px;
margin-top: 2px;
border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
}

#side-b {
float: right;
width: 150px;
background: #F0FFFF;
margin-bottom: 5px;
margin-top: 2px;
border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;

}

#content {
float: left;
background: #F0FFFF;
width: 58.5%;
margin: 2 5 2px 5;
border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
}

#footer {
background: #F0FFFF;
border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
}

does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Lior

dorayme 04-27-2008 02:44 AM

Re: DIV drawing on other div

In article
<e6509b11-0823-456b-9645-25f35368fd7a@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
liorlew <liorlew@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
> and 3 columns. the problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
> the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).
>
> this is my code:

> does anyone have an idea?

You better read

http://www.htmldog.com/

You can't have numbers without units in your css and so on, just very
very basic things here.

--
dorayme

liorlew 04-27-2008 03:07 PM

Re: DIV drawing on other div

On Apr 26, 9:44*pm, dorayme <doraymeRidT...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> In article
> <e6509b11-0823-456b-9645-25f35368f...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
>
> *liorlew <lior...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,

> > I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
> > and 3 columns. the *problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
> > the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).

> > this is my code:
> > does anyone have an idea?

> You better read
>
> http://www.htmldog.com/
>
> You can't have numbers without units in your css and so on, just very
> very basic things here.
>
> --
> dorayme

Thank you for your reply, I am reading this site. nonetheless, even
after adding the units ( for examle margin: 2px 0 1px 0), and getting
the same results.

--
Lior

John Hosking 04-27-2008 03:23 PM

Re: DIV drawing on other div

liorlew wrote:
> On Apr 26, 9:44 pm, dorayme wrote:

>> liorlew wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
>>> and 3 columns. the problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
>>> the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).
>>> this is my code:
>>> does anyone have an idea?

>> You better read
>>
>> http://www.htmldog.com/
>>
>> You can't have numbers without units in your css and so on, just very
>> very basic things here.

> Thank you for your reply, I am reading this site. nonetheless, even
> after adding the units ( for examle margin: 2px 0 1px 0), and getting
> the same results.

Snip sigs in replies
Validate code
Provide URLs
HAND

--
John
Pondering the value of the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/

Helpful person 04-28-2008 02:54 PM

Re: DIV drawing on other div

On Apr 27, 11:07*am, liorlew <lior...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 26, 9:44*pm, dorayme <doraymeRidT...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <e6509b11-0823-456b-9645-25f35368f...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,

> > *liorlew <lior...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,

> > > I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
> > > and 3 columns. the *problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
> > > the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).

> > > this is my code:
> > > does anyone have an idea?

> > You better read

> >http://www.htmldog.com/

> > You can't have numbers without units in your css and so on, just very
> > very basic things here.

> > --
> > dorayme

> Thank you for your reply, I am reading this site. nonetheless, even
> after adding the units ( for examle margin: 2px 0 1px 0), and getting
> the same results.
>
> --
> Lior- Hide quoted text -

Look up clear in css. This may be what you need.