Velocity Reviews

-   -   Linq not compiling after 2005 => 2008 convert (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t606834-linq-not-compiling-after-2005-2008-convert.html)

Amil Hanish 04-21-2008 01:13 PM

Linq not compiling after 2005 => 2008 convert

I had a VS 2005 web app (not using Linq yet). I migrated to VS 2008 and the
app still worked fine.

Now I want to try out Linq. I modified the web.config to load the Linq DLLs
and added "using System.Linq". I also modified the properties Build to
target .NET 3.5. Writing code works fine, but...

When I compile, no Linq statements are recognized...they all result in
compile errors. How can I get my migrated web app to recognize Linq
statements?

Amil

Amil Hanish 04-21-2008 01:20 PM

Re: Linq not compiling after 2005 => 2008 convert

I figured it out. I created a new VS 2008 asp.net website. Then I looked
at the web.config. I copied the

<system.codedom>

to my migrated VS 2008 asp.net web app. Now it works.

Amil