Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: World's first photograph? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t606746-re-worlds-first-photograph.html)

Alienjones 04-20-2008 07:49 PM

Re: World's first photograph?

8vrm045sht9i8af31ju41bjub1fkb8hmsm@4ax.com,

o91k04di2f8eukcv8dcjjbskdeh8q0r3q9@4ax.com,

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/ar...html?_r=1&oref

Seasons,

Industrial

|>> Goodbye Lawrence.
|> ta ta...send a postcard from wherever you're going, eh? And don't
|> forget to put the right postage on it.
|>
|> Lg
|>

| This explains a lot about you and your generally shitty immature
approach to
| life:
|
| +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
| I believe it.
| My 46 year old friend died because he neglected his strict Type 2
| diabetes protocol, which resulted in his FATAL MI.
| Here is Today's Headlines about that very subject:
| http://tinyurl.com/auh78
| In my case, I'm medicated for Panic Disorder DSM IIIR 300.01 which
| produces VTach and arrhythmias. Inverted T wave is present, along
| with PVC salvos. CAD. Angina. I use nitroglycerin for vasodilation,
| blood thinning chemicals, beta blockers, have hyperlipidimia so am
| taking heavy doses of statins, and so on and so forth, fall asleep
| just scratching the surface. Renal insufficiency forcing high
| creatinin level ( danger zone ). Am I gonna die? Maybe, but not
| today ( I hope ).
| And then I will come back to tell everyone there is no such thing as
| sex after death, but that won't bother me because I'm not getting any
| now and I'm presently diagnosed as alive ;-|
| IOW, dead, alive, vegetative, no difference noticed on this end. The
| last time I saw my pecker IIRC, was sometime between 1995 and 1997.
| I've been thinking of issuing an Amber Alert.
| Lg
| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
|
| Explains a lot.
|
| "Nuff said...

Where the hell did you did that up George? This reads like an autopsy of
a dead person rather than a diagnosis of one still living.

- --

from Douglas,
If my PGP key is missing, the
post is a forgery. Ignore it.

Robert Coe 04-21-2008 12:28 AM

Re: World's first photograph?

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:21:29 -0500, George Kerby <ghost_topper@hotmail.com>
wrote:
:
:
:
: On 4/20/08 2:49 PM, in article fug6j4$smm$1@registered.motzarella.org,
: "Alienjones" <Alienjones@invalid.invalid> wrote:
:
: >
: > George Kerby wrote:
: > |
: > |
: > | On 4/20/08 11:32 AM, in article
: > 8vrm045sht9i8af31ju41bjub1fkb8hmsm@4ax.com,
: > | "Lawrence Glickman" <Lawrence_Glickman@comcast.net> wrote:
: > |
: > |> On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:21:26 -0500, Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net>
: > |> wrote:
: > |>
: > |>> Lawrence Glickman wrote:
: > |>>> On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:19:44 -0500, George Kerby
: > |>>> <ghost_topper@hotmail.com> wrote:
: > |>>>
: > |>>>>
: > |>>>> On 4/19/08 9:46 AM, in article
: > o91k04di2f8eukcv8dcjjbskdeh8q0r3q9@4ax.com,
: > |>>>> "Lawrence Glickman" <Lawrence_Glickman@comcast.net> wrote:
: > |>>>>
: > |>>>>> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:20:40 -0500, Allen <allen@nothere.net> wrote:
: > |>>>>>
: > |>>>>>> Lawrence Glickman wrote:
: > |>>>>>>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:18:36 -0400, Cynicor
: > |>>>>>>> <j.t..ru.p.in@sp.eake.a.sy.net> wrote:
: > |>>>>>>>
: > |>>>>>>>> Lawrence Glickman wrote:
: > |>>>>>>>>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:54:10 -0500, George Kerby
: > |>>>>>>>>> <ghost_topper@hotmail.com> wrote:
: > |>>>>>>>>>
: > |>>>>>>>>>> On 4/17/08 9:03 PM, in article
: > |>>>>>>>>>> 3a0g04l01cdjr2qjics3gdoavf8iotnjp9@4ax.com,
: > |>>>>>>>>>> "Lawrence Glickman" <Lawrence_Glickman@comcast.net> wrote:
: > |>>>>>>>>>>
: > |>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:00:33 -0700, John Rethorst
: > |>>>>>>>>>>> <nobody@nowhere.net>
: > |>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
: > |>>>>>>>>>>>
: > |>>>>>>>>>>>> Or "photogram" as they called it. Interesting.
: > |>>>>>>>>>>>>
: > |>>>>>>>>>>>>
[...]
: > | +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[...]
: > | ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
: > |
: > | Explains a lot.
: > |
: > | "Nuff said...
: > |
: >
: > Where the hell did you did that up George? This reads like an autopsy of
: > a dead person rather than a diagnosis of one still living.
: >
: Google advanced search:
:
: http://preview.tinyurl.com/59w4jr
:
: Like I said, it explains a lot about Lg...

I suppose we should give him a pass and ignore his rants. I suppose I might be
as obnoxious as Larry is if I had all that wrong with me. Hell, maybe I am
anyway.

Bob

ASAAR 04-22-2008 01:53 AM

Re: World's first photograph?

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:28:58 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

> : Like I said, it explains a lot about Lg...
>
> I suppose we should give him a pass and ignore his rants. I suppose
> I might be as obnoxious as Larry is if I had all that wrong with me.

If what he wrote is actually true. His language, msg. style and
contrived egomania are remarkably similar to those of a troll that
played in this newsgroup last year. (Hint: that one claimed to have
taken many award winning photographs, but would rather have them
destroyed than let them be seen by others.) The misc.survivalism
thread archived in GG may just be demonstrating another of his
bizarre, antisocial personas.

John Turco 04-27-2008 10:04 AM

Re: World's first photograph?

ASAAR wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:28:58 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:
>
> > : Like I said, it explains a lot about Lg...
> >
> > I suppose we should give him a pass and ignore his rants. I suppose
> > I might be as obnoxious as Larry is if I had all that wrong with me.

> If what he wrote is actually true. His language, msg. style and
> contrived egomania are remarkably similar to those of a troll that
> played in this newsgroup last year. (Hint: that one claimed to have
> taken many award winning photographs, but would rather have them
> destroyed than let them be seen by others.) The misc.survivalism
> thread archived in GG may just be demonstrating another of his
> bizarre, antisocial personas.

Hello, ASAAR:

That same thought had briefly crossed my mind, also. Although (unlike
Lawrence Glickman), the "nym shifter" in question was both fanatically
pro-P&S and virulently anti-DSLR.

Cordially,
John Turco <jtur@concentric.net>

ASAAR 04-29-2008 01:50 AM

Re: World's first photograph?

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 05:04:29 -0500, John Turco wrote:

> That same thought had briefly crossed my mind, also. Although (unlike
> Lawrence Glickman), the "nym shifter" in question was both fanatically
> pro-P&S and virulently anti-DSLR.

I noticed that too, as well as that LG has been much better
behaved in some other threads. But the fanaticism was almost
certainly feigned for effect, and probably so boring and required so
much effort that if the "nym shifter" returned, it would probably
want to adopt a less strenuous guise. Or not. Maybe he'll return
some day as a Kodak fanatic! :)

BTW, this morning I stumbled across my folk's old Bell & Howell
8mm camera. Didn't use Li-Ion, NiMH or even alkalines. Maybe some
day there'll be a digital camera that also uses a windup key.
There's a rumor going around that Sigma's trying to acquire BayGen.

Paul Bartram 04-29-2008 06:16 AM

Re: World's first photograph?

"ASAAR" <caught@22.com> wrote

> BTW, this morning I stumbled across my folk's old Bell & Howell
> 8mm camera. Didn't use Li-Ion, NiMH or even alkalines. Maybe some
> day there'll be a digital camera that also uses a windup key.
> There's a rumor going around that Sigma's trying to acquire BayGen.

I remember clockwork cine cameras - mine was a Russian-made Zorky, I think.
Not a terribly good camera, but it would make a handy weapon if you were
cornered!

The South Africans have a wind-up radio for use in remote and rural areas
with no power. One wind gets you about 40 minutes of sound, so no doubt they
could make a digital camera if they saw a demand - be heavy though.

Paul

ASAAR 05-01-2008 04:47 PM

Re: World's first photograph?

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:16:27 +1000, "Paul Bartram" <p.bartram AT OR
NEAR mysoul.com.au> wrote:

>> BTW, this morning I stumbled across my folk's old Bell & Howell
>> 8mm camera. Didn't use Li-Ion, NiMH or even alkalines. Maybe some
>> day there'll be a digital camera that also uses a windup key.
>> There's a rumor going around that Sigma's trying to acquire BayGen.

> I remember clockwork cine cameras - mine was a Russian-made Zorky, I think.
> Not a terribly good camera, but it would make a handy weapon if you were
> cornered!
>
> The South Africans have a wind-up radio for use in remote and rural areas
> with no power. One wind gets you about 40 minutes of sound, so no doubt they
> could make a digital camera if they saw a demand - be heavy though.

Right, it's made by BayGen. And you're right about the weight. I
had one of the early models and it was a pretty big beast. Winding
the spring is much less tiring than cranking the generators on most
of the little 'survival' portable radios I've seen.

FWIW, the first 35mm camera I used was a Zorky back about 1960 or
so. Compared to the previous cameras I used it took much better
pictures, although not nearly as good as the Leica it somewhat
resembled would have, and I may have used the Zorky with a Leica
lens once or twice.

John Turco 05-04-2008 09:26 AM

Re: World's first photograph?

ASAAR wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 05:04:29 -0500, John Turco wrote:
>
> > That same thought had briefly crossed my mind, also. Although (unlike
> > Lawrence Glickman), the "nym shifter" in question was both fanatically
> > pro-P&S and virulently anti-DSLR.

> I noticed that too, as well as that LG has been much better
> behaved in some other threads. But the fanaticism was almost
> certainly feigned for effect, and probably so boring and required so
> much effort that if the "nym shifter" returned, it would probably
> want to adopt a less strenuous guise. Or not. Maybe he'll return
> some day as a Kodak fanatic! :)
>
> BTW, this morning I stumbled across my folk's old Bell & Howell
> 8mm camera. Didn't use Li-Ion, NiMH or even alkalines. Maybe some
> day there'll be a digital camera that also uses a windup key.
> There's a rumor going around that Sigma's trying to acquire BayGen.

Hello, ASAAR:

That brings up pleasant memories of childhood, indeed: My family watching
highly condensed, silent versions of "The Creature From the Black Lagoon"
(1953), "This Island Earth" (1955) - and a few other small-reel wonders,
as well - played by a little, old, Keystone movie projector.

Ah, those were the (low-tech) days! :-P

John Turco 05-04-2008 10:10 AM

Re: World's first photograph?

John Turco wrote:

> ASAAR wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 05:04:29 -0500, John Turco wrote:
> >
> > > That same thought had briefly crossed my mind, also. Although (unlike
> > > Lawrence Glickman), the "nym shifter" in question was both fanatically
> > > pro-P&S and virulently anti-DSLR.

> > I noticed that too, as well as that LG has been much better
> > behaved in some other threads. But the fanaticism was almost
> > certainly feigned for effect, and probably so boring and required so
> > much effort that if the "nym shifter" returned, it would probably
> > want to adopt a less strenuous guise. Or not. Maybe he'll return
> > some day as a Kodak fanatic! :)
> >
> > BTW, this morning I stumbled across my folk's old Bell & Howell
> > 8mm camera. Didn't use Li-Ion, NiMH or even alkalines. Maybe some
> > day there'll be a digital camera that also uses a windup key.
> > There's a rumor going around that Sigma's trying to acquire BayGen.

> Hello, ASAAR:
>
> That brings up pleasant memories of childhood, indeed: My family watching
> highly condensed, silent versions of "The Creature From the Black Lagoon"
> (1953), "This Island Earth" (1955) - and a few other small-reel wonders,
> as well - played by a little, old, Keystone movie projector.
>
> Ah, those were the (low-tech) days! :-P
>
> Cordially,
> John Turco <jtur@concentric.net>

Hello, ASAAR:

Correction: "Creature From the Black Lagoon" (1954).

ASAAR 05-24-2008 01:28 AM

Re: World's first photograph?

On Sun, 04 May 2008 05:10:32 -0500, John Turco wrote:

>> Ah, those were the (low-tech) days! :-P

> Hello, ASAAR:
>
> Correction: "Creature From the Black Lagoon" (1954).

But no need for further correction, as the creature was only seen
on a nice, but low-tech B&W TV screen. :) I assume it was in color
as was "Invaders From Mars", which really benefited from its use of
color.