Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tenn Station On My Wireless Router (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t606637-tenn-station-on-my-wireless-router.html)

New Orleans Novice 04-20-2008 01:28 AM

Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL

1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers. All
programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
BellSouth DSL. I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
Wireles Modem / Router.

How is that coming in? Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in Tenn.

Thanks for your help and tips ; Novice @ New Orleans Louisiana

COMPAQ PRESARIO S5100
Motherboard P4G533LA ASUSTeK
Award BIOS v6.0
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
Memory DIMM SDRAM 1024
Maxtor 6Y060L0 HD, External USB 75 GIG
Creative Labs Audigy SE
Monitor Envision ENVISION
Wireless BellSouth DSL

Chuck 04-20-2008 04:31 AM

Re: Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

A guess would be poor shielding, or a defective surge limiter on the DSL
line. Since there are also lots of other possibilities, such as bad
grounding of the home electrical system, or even a bad cable or ground in
the audio cables. it' sort of a who knows deal. Are the stations local?

VanguardLH 04-20-2008 04:44 AM

New Orleans Novice wrote:

> Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL
>
> 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers. All
> programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
> BellSouth DSL. I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
> Wireles Modem / Router.
>
> How is that coming in? Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
> This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in Tenn.

Use shielded speaker wires (if you get to select which ones to use
rather than being permanently attached to the speakers).

Could be coming through the power lines up the power cord to the
amplifier in the powered speaker set. You'll need a line filter to get
rid of that, or a UPS might work (if it incorporates an isolation
transformer which means it'll be heavier than just the battery inside).

Same happen if you hook up a set of unpowered headphones to the same
jacks as to where you connected the powered speaker set? That is, plug
in headphones into the audio out jack on the computer.

smlunatick 04-20-2008 07:29 PM

On Apr 20, 12:44*am, VanguardLH <V...@nguard.LH> wrote:
> New Orleans Novice wrote:
> > Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. *Wireless BellSouth DSL

> > 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers. *All
> > programs are closed. *I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
> > BellSouth DSL. *I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
> > Wireles Modem / Router.

> > How is that coming in? *Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
> > This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in Tenn.

> Use shielded speaker wires (if you get to select which ones to use
> rather than being permanently attached to the speakers).
>
> Could be coming through the power lines up the power cord to the
> amplifier in the powered speaker set. *You'll need a line filter to get
> rid of that, or a UPS might work (if it incorporates an isolation
> transformer which means it'll be heavier than just the battery inside).
>
> Same happen if you hook up a set of unpowered headphones to the same
> jacks as to where you connected the powered speaker set? *That is, plug
> in headphones into the audio out jack on the computer.

I agree with this posibility. If you were to also place a GSM based
cell phone near to your PC, you will hear a sound during the incoming
calls (ringing.)

smlunatick 04-21-2008 08:31 PM

Re: Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

Second, any unshielded wire can / will act just like any antenna. If you were
to check the simple FM antennas, they are just simple copper wire.

New Orleans Novice 04-22-2008 02:36 AM

Re: Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

Thanks everyone for all the help. You'all come by and get some gumbo