Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox password file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t605980-firefox-password-file.html)

Tony 04-16-2008 04:20 PM

Firefox password file

Hi all

Sorry to bother you all with this; but where does Firefox keep its
password file and what's it called?

Many thanks

Best regards

Tony

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 04-16-2008 05:10 PM

Re: Firefox password file

Tony wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Sorry to bother you all with this; but where does Firefox keep its
> password file and what's it called?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Best regards
>
> Tony

its kept in a file called signons.txt or signons2.txt
[depending on the version you're using], and its kept in the
FF profile.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Tony 04-17-2008 04:58 PM

Re: Firefox password file

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:10:02 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo@gmail.com> wrote:

>its kept in a file called signons.txt or signons2.txt
>[depending on the version you're using], and its kept in the
>FF profile.

Many thanks Peter.

Best regards

Tony

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 04-17-2008 05:14 PM

Re: Firefox password file

Tony wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:10:02 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> its kept in a file called signons.txt or signons2.txt
>> [depending on the version you're using], and its kept in the
>> FF profile.

> Many thanks Peter.
>
> Best regards
>
> Tony

I forgot to add one thing. If you're backing up that
password file, then you also need the file key3.db. Those
two files go hand in hand.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Tony 04-17-2008 06:30 PM

Re: Firefox password file

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:14:46 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo@gmail.com> wrote:

>I forgot to add one thing. If you're backing up that
>password file, then you also need the file key3.db. Those
>two files go hand in hand.

Thanks again Peter, it was more for transferring to other computers,
is the key3.db file specific to each signons2.txt or can I just
transfer signons2.txt on its own?

Best regards

Tony

Tony 04-17-2008 07:51 PM

Re: Firefox password file

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:39:41 -0400, Ed Mullen <ed@edmullen.net> wrote:

>Copy them together.

Thanks Ed, will do.

Best regards

Tony

chat2learn 01-02-2010 09:02 AM

All instructions mentioned here .

www dot php24hours.com/how-to-backup-firefox-password-file-t162.html

Happy new year for all of you