Velocity Reviews

-   -   Get referrer URL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t60519-get-referrer-url.html)

Harley 07-24-2003 06:07 AM

Get referrer URL

I'm having problems getting the referrer URL in a VB.NET ASP.NET page.

A simple piece of code like this:

if not Request.URLReferrer is nothing then
_REFUrl = Request.URLReferrer.Host.ToString
end if

It is not working... Request.URLReferrer always returns nothing. The If...Then is to avoid a runtime error if you call the page directly, in that case there is no referrer and its ok for it to be blank....
but even when I link to the page from another page the referrer is blank.. it only gets a value when the page is posted back!

any idea? a bug? or what am I doing wrong?