Velocity Reviews

-   -   Networking Between Windows Vista & Windows XP via Netgear Wireless (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t605014-networking-between-windows-vista-and-windows-xp-via-netgear-wireless.html)

Dibbsy 04-11-2008 11:25 AM

Networking Between Windows Vista & Windows XP via Netgear Wireless

I have 2 computers 1 with computer with Vista SP-1 with Netgear Wireless
connection to Netgear Rangemax and the other with Windows XP SP-3 also with
Netgear Wirelss connection. I can see the hard drives on the XP machine from
the Vista Machine, but I can not see the Hard drives on the Vista machine
from the XP Machine, can anone help to resolve this problem.
--
Dibbsy
Melbourne VICTORIA AUSTRALIA

smlunatick 04-11-2008 12:56 PM

Re: Networking Between Windows Vista & Windows XP via NetgearWireless

On Apr 11, 7:25*am, Dibbsy <Dib...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have 2 computers 1 with computer with Vista SP-1 with Netgear Wireless
> connection to Netgear Rangemax and the other with Windows XP SP-3 also with
> Netgear Wirelss connection. I can see the hard drives on the XP machine from
> the Vista Machine, but I can not see the Hard drives on the Vista machine
> from the XP Machine, can anone help to resolve this problem.
> --
> Dibbsy
> Melbourne VICTORIA AUSTRALIA

As far as I know, XP SP3 is still not released for general use.
Eventhough it is listed as a "release candidate" it still should be
considered as in "testing" phases.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) 04-11-2008 05:50 PM

Re: Networking Between Windows Vista & Windows XP via Netgear Wireless

Can you ping the Vista by IP?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 04-12-2008 03:01 AM

Re: Networking Between Windows Vista & Windows XP via Netgear Wireless

Hi
Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.