Velocity Reviews

-   -   importing the xilinx unisim files (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t604848-importing-the-xilinx-unisim-files.html)

suresh 04-10-2008 11:48 AM

importing the xilinx unisim files

Hi...

For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
unisim files.
unisim_VCOMP.vhd
unisim_VPKG.vhd
unisim_VITAL.vhd
unisim_SMODEL.vhd

But I am getting the error at compilation.

When I followed the same order for 9.1i version, it was compiling
successfully. Please help me about this.

thanks & regards,
Babu Suresh Achanta

HT-Lab 04-10-2008 12:45 PM

Re: importing the xilinx unisim files

"suresh" <babusuresh.achanta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi...
>
> For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
> unisim files.
> unisim_VCOMP.vhd
> unisim_VPKG.vhd
> unisim_VITAL.vhd
> unisim_SMODEL.vhd
>
> But I am getting the error at compilation.
>
> When I followed the same order for 9.1i version, it was compiling
> successfully. Please help me about this.
>
> thanks & regards,
> Babu Suresh Achanta

If this is for Modelsim why not use Xilinx' compxlib?

Example (from a command shell, there is also a GUI version):

compxlib -w -s mti_pe -arch all -lib all -l all -verbose -dir
c:\vendors\mti_libs

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Duane Clark 04-10-2008 10:20 PM

suresh wrote:
> Hi...
>
> For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
> unisim files.
> unisim_VCOMP.vhd
> unisim_VPKG.vhd
> unisim_VITAL.vhd
> unisim_SMODEL.vhd
>
> But I am getting the error at compilation.

What error?

I normally compile the package file (unisim_VPKG.vhd) first.

suresh 04-11-2008 04:33 AM

On Apr 11, 3:20*am, Duane Clark <u...@domaininvalid.com> wrote:
> suresh wrote:
> > Hi...

> > For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
> > unisim files.
> > unisim_VCOMP.vhd
> > unisim_VPKG.vhd
> > unisim_VITAL.vhd
> > unisim_SMODEL.vhd

> > But I am getting the error at compilation.

> What error?
>
> I normally compile the package file (unisim_VPKG.vhd) first.

ERROR:

------
Bad configuration position found in unisim_VITAL.vhd file!
Line 181320 in your unisim_VITAL.vhd file.
------

thnak & regards,
Suresh

suresh 04-11-2008 04:34 AM

Re: importing the xilinx unisim files

On Apr 11, 3:20*am, Duane Clark <u...@domaininvalid.com> wrote:
> suresh wrote:
> > Hi...

> > For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
> > unisim files.
> > unisim_VCOMP.vhd
> > unisim_VPKG.vhd
> > unisim_VITAL.vhd
> > unisim_SMODEL.vhd

> > But I am getting the error at compilation.

> What error?
>
> I normally compile the package file (unisim_VPKG.vhd) first.

ERROR message

Duane Clark 04-11-2008 02:52 PM

suresh wrote:

> ERROR message
>
> Bad configuration position found in unisim_VITAL.vhd file!
> Line 181320 in your unisim_VITAL.vhd file.

What are you compiling this with, and what version of the program? What
component is being compiled? What are a few lines before and after line
181320 (I think I must have a different service pack, because I don't
see anything at that line number that I would expect to generate a
message like that)? I always compile by hand rather than use the
scripts, and am compiling with Riviera.