Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can't view news.yahoo.com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t604767-cant-view-news-yahoo-com.html)

JimC 04-09-2008 07:00 PM

Can't view news.yahoo.com

I prefer to use "news.yahoo.com" as a browser home page, since it has a
number of news categories a in convenient paragraph form. Often FireFox
will permit me to open this yahoo news page initially, but when I try to
get back to it from another site (by clicking on "Home" or clicking the
reverse arrow), Firefox reverts to a series of pages of text (with the
same news.yahoo web address) with links to the various news categories.
There are about ten pages of text, which are much more difficult to scan
through than the origianl news.yahoo.com page. I have tried all the
options that might cure the problem (reverse arrow, view, file, edit,
tools, options, etc., but I can't seem to resolve this problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jim Cate

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 04-09-2008 09:16 PM

Re: Can't view news.yahoo.com

JimC wrote:
> I prefer to use "news.yahoo.com" as a browser home page, since it has a
> number of news categories a in convenient paragraph form. Often FireFox
> will permit me to open this yahoo news page initially, but when I try to
> get back to it from another site (by clicking on "Home" or clicking the
> reverse arrow), Firefox reverts to a series of pages of text (with the
> same news.yahoo web address) with links to the various news categories.
> There are about ten pages of text, which are much more difficult to scan
> through than the origianl news.yahoo.com page. I have tried all the
> options that might cure the problem (reverse arrow, view, file, edit,
> tools, options, etc., but I can't seem to resolve this problem.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Cate

empty the cache and the cookies. Did this work?

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

JimC 04-10-2008 12:32 AM

Re: Can't view news.yahoo.com

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> JimC wrote:
>
>> I prefer to use "news.yahoo.com" as a browser home page, since it has
>> a number of news categories a in convenient paragraph form. Often
>> FireFox will permit me to open this yahoo news page initially, but
>> when I try to get back to it from another site (by clicking on "Home"
>> or clicking the reverse arrow), Firefox reverts to a series of pages
>> of text (with the same news.yahoo web address) with links to the
>> various news categories. There are about ten pages of text, which are
>> much more difficult to scan through than the origianl news.yahoo.com
>> page. I have tried all the options that might cure the problem
>> (reverse arrow, view, file, edit, tools, options, etc., but I can't
>> seem to resolve this problem.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jim Cate

> empty the cache and the cookies. Did this work?

I think it did work. However, that seems like a lot of hassle to get
back to my chosen home page.

Jim

John Thompson 04-10-2008 08:24 PM

Re: Can't view news.yahoo.com

On 2008-04-10, JimC <avocat5@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>
>> empty the cache and the cookies. Did this work?

> I think it did work. However, that seems like a lot of hassle to get
> back to my chosen home page.

Now that you have it working the way you want, you may want to install a
cookie manager add-on to protect the settings cookies associated with
that site.

--

John (john@os2.dhs.org)