Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mixer.exe - why running? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t604703-mixer-exe-why-running.html)

Terry Pinnell 04-09-2008 07:14 AM

Mixer.exe - why running?

I noticed that several programs were responding sluggishly this
morning, on my XP Home PC. Task Mgr showed that mixer.exe was taking
5-30% of CPU. It's part of the Creative Soundblaster stuff. But right
now I don't have any audio program open, so why would mixer.exe be
constantly running please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Evan Platt 04-09-2008 01:56 PM

Re: Mixer.exe - why running?

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&hl...pu&btnG=Search

Terry Pinnell 04-09-2008 06:43 PM

Re: Mixer.exe - why running?

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 08:14:46 +0100, Terry Pinnell
><terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>>I noticed that several programs were responding sluggishly this
>>morning, on my XP Home PC. Task Mgr showed that mixer.exe was taking
>>5-30% of CPU. It's part of the Creative Soundblaster stuff. But right
>>now I don't have any audio program open, so why would mixer.exe be
>>constantly running please?

>http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&hl...pu&btnG=Search

Thanks. I'd seen some of those but this one I'd missed and is
particularly informative:
http://www.file.net/process/mixer.exe.html

Haven't yet decided whether to zap it permanently, which might have
side-effects, or just unload it whenever it starts using measurable
resources. But at least I now see it is a common problem.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK