Velocity Reviews

-   -   WCN UFD, Question ?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t604379-wcn-ufd-question.html)

Amira EL OUDI 04-07-2008 07:16 AM

WCN UFD, Question ??

Hi,
In the settings' file genrated by the windows wizard (Wsetting.wfc),
there is an entry which name is : Ieee802Dot1xEnabled , it can be true
or false. Is there any one that know its signification ?

Thank you very much.

James McIllece [MS] 04-07-2008 07:46 PM

Re: WCN UFD, Question ??

Amira EL OUDI <eloudi_amira@yahoo.fr> wrote in news:0c63a5a3-8194-4351-
be38-e854b5d9a9d4@24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> Hi,
> In the settings' file genrated by the windows wizard (Wsetting.wfc),
> there is an entry which name is : Ieee802Dot1xEnabled , it can be true
> or false. Is there any one that know its signification ?
>
> Thank you very much.

This setting specifies whether 802.11d is enabled (True) or disabled
(False). 802.11d specifies whether the 802.11 station can operate in
multiple regulatory domains (which are identified by an IEEE 802.11 country
string).

For more information, see the MSDN topic "Regulatory Domain Configuration"
at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa503058.aspx.

--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

Pavel A. 04-07-2008 11:55 PM

Re: WCN UFD, Question ??

Welcome, James! Long time haven't seen a Microsoftie here.

However, the OP asked about Ieee802Dot1x, that's 802.1x - not 802.11d?

Regards,
--PA

news:Xns9A79820652527jamesmcimsftcorp@207.46.248.1 6...