Velocity Reviews

-   -   wireless reliability (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t604362-wireless-reliability.html)

n6trf 04-07-2008 04:36 AM

wireless reliability

We have 4 pc's connected with a wireless network. One of the pc's is
connected directly to the router. However, we find ourselves repairing or
rebooting because one of the pc's loses connection during the day. We have a
good/excellent signal to all. So anyone have similar problems or have any
suggestions. TIA

--
____________________________________
In Christ's matchless name

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 04-07-2008 04:21 PM

Re: wireless reliability

Hi
Strong signal does not always mean good connection, Try to change the
Wireless Channel in the Router and keep the setting on the channel that work
best.
http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

n6trf 04-07-2008 08:21 PM

Re: wireless reliability

Would like to know if you have a similar system & if you do/don't have
similar problems. A simple 'yes' if u have these problems or a 'no' if u do
not. TIA

n6trf 04-07-2008 08:22 PM

Re: wireless reliability

Yes we have tried that. Thanks for the comeback.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 04-08-2008 02:09 AM

Re: wireless reliability

Hi
Since Wireless quality is highly dependent on the environment, no one would
have the exact situation like yours..
If only one computer is Misbehaving there is No point to reboot the Router,
it means that some thing is wrong with the specific computer.
Life would be easy if such behavior was always a result of the same problem.
It can be that environmental noise cause the drop of the connection.
It can be problems with the Wireless card.
It can be a trouble with the Network components of the OS.
It could problem with the Wireless software.
Start first by putting the problematic computer few feet away from the
Wireless Router.
If it does not work well there than it would indicate a problem with the
computer.