Velocity Reviews

-   The Lounge (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f9-the-lounge.html)
-   -   Dynamic Development (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t604062-dynamic-development.html)

savantcreative 04-04-2008 07:55 PM

Dynamic Development

I need to learn how to design dynamic pages. I already know XHTML and CSS. I can hand code and I also own Dreamweaver CS3. I am trying to decided whether to learn PHP or ColdFusion. I am open to opinions as well as best way to learn
Thanks so much

Birmingham 05-01-2008 01:20 PM

php is the bomb solution. so much more powerful than coldfusion and so user-friendly too. pph.net has endless examples of how to do stuff, and there's andless forums like this and more php-dedicated ones where u can get easy help.

all you need for dynamics is an index.php file like this:

Code:

<?
session_start();
if($_GET[colour]){$_SESSION[colour]=$_GET[colour];}
?>
<h1>Hi!</h1>

now try index.php?colour=#FF0000 ...and of course it will be different to index.php?colour=#999999

already you can see how, using ?this=that in urls, and $_GET[blaa] (reads data pairs from the url) and $_SESSION[blaa] (stores a session cookie), you can make very dynamic sites ;)

torontolife 06-04-2009 01:14 AM

You can increase your earning potential by teaching yourself languages like Ruby. Especially with the RoR (Ruby on Rails) framework, Ruby is one of the highest paying web development languages - especially in startups.

jbuyers 06-22-2009 12:40 AM

PHP PHP PHP

go with PHP all the way and never look back

<? php

print "got it?";

?>

Yeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhh!!!!