Velocity Reviews

-   -   PAP2T Settings? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t604029-pap2t-settings.html)

Chris Flash 04-04-2008 02:48 PM

PAP2T Settings?

I've a slight problem using Voipfone / VM 2M / PAP2T / BT DECT phones.
The volume of the voice of the person calling is very loud (almost deafening
if they speak up or LOL) also, they complain of hearing an echo when they
speak. There is no volume control for the handset, so is there a PAP2T
setting I could adjust?
TIA
Chris.

Iain 04-04-2008 04:22 PM

Re: PAP2T Settings?

Chris Flash wrote:
> There is no volume control for the handset, so is there a PAP2T
> setting I could adjust?

Yes.

Admin login, advanced view.

Regional, Miscellaneous, and the volume settings are in FXS Port Input
Gain and FXS Port Output Gain. I'd suggest you start at something like
-3 for each and see how it works.

steveybar 04-04-2008 07:18 PM

Re: PAP2T Settings?

"Iain" <no-one@hairydog.co.uk> wrote in message
> Chris Flash wrote:
>> There is no volume control for the handset, so is there a PAP2T setting I
>> could adjust?

> Yes.
>
> Admin login, advanced view.
>
> Regional, Miscellaneous, and the volume settings are in FXS Port Input
> Gain and FXS Port Output Gain. I'd suggest you start at something like -3
> for each and see how it works.

Also in the same location of the PAP2 Config Setup, the FXS Port Impedance
should be set at:

370+620||310nF

if you are using a telephone that is for use the UK

Steve.

Chris Flash 04-08-2008 03:49 PM

Re: PAP2T Settings?

Thanks Iain and Steve - eventually got ther after much trial & error..
FXS input & output both set to -10 and that seems to have done the trick.