Velocity Reviews

-   -   delay and timing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t603232-delay-and-timing.html)

Amit 03-31-2008 06:38 PM

delay and timing

Hello group,

Regarding (page 19) http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/uploads/.../en/WM8731.pdf)

I have written a small code to generate those outputs (SCLK
and SDIN). However, since I'm new to Timing topic I will appreciate
it
if some of experts advise me on this.

The way I have understood it is that SCLK (or continuous square wave
in output) starts with t3 (where t3=600ns minimum) delay after SDIN.
However since the table represetns t3 as 600ns (MIN) so I conisidered
it as 1.3us instead. The reason I did this is because I have
considered SCLK low pulsewidth and high pulsewidth both as 1.3us.

Now, all I need to know:

Is it correct to generate the SCLK with a delay about 1.3us after
SDIN? or there are other issues that I'm missing?
if so, what are they and should I add them to the delay time?

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated greatly.

Amit

Amit 04-01-2008 07:02 AM

Re: delay and timing

On Mar 31, 10:38*am, Amit <amit.ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> Regarding *(page 19)http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/uploads/.../en/WM8731.pdf)
>
> I have written a small code to generate those outputs (SCLK
> and SDIN). However, since I'm new to Timing topic I will appreciate
> it
> if some of experts advise me on this.
>
> The way I have understood it is that SCLK (or continuous square wave
> in output) starts with t3 (where t3=600ns minimum) delay after SDIN.
> However since the table represetns t3 as 600ns (MIN) so I conisidered
> it as 1.3us instead. The reason I did this is because I have
> considered SCLK low pulsewidth and high pulsewidth both as 1.3us.
>
> Now, all I need to know:
>
> Is it correct to generate the SCLK with a delay about 1.3us after
> SDIN? or there are other issues that I'm missing?
> if so, what are they and should I add them to the delay time?
>
> Any suggestions or help will be appreciated greatly.
>
> Amit

Thanks to Kenn I got my answer. Please ignore this thread.

Regards.