Velocity Reviews

-   -   Lightroom 1.3 ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t601914-lightroom-1-3-a.html)

SpookiePower 03-26-2008 10:34 AM

Lightroom 1.3 ?

I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
Is there no such function ?

John McWilliams 03-26-2008 03:04 PM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?

SpookiePower wrote:
> I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
> to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
> Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
> open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
> I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
> Is there no such function ?

?

You run Import to get images into LR. Or drag and drop and the Import
dialog opens up. The current version is 1.3.1.

--
john mcwilliams

David J. Littleboy 03-26-2008 03:34 PM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?

"SpookiePower" <boxjunk2600@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
> to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
> Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
> open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
> I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
> Is there no such function ?

There is no such function. Lightroom replaces both Bridge and Camera Raw.

Use the "Develop" module in Lightroom. It provides all the functions of
Camera Raw. Using the same code. Only the UI is different.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Frank ess 03-26-2008 05:22 PM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?

David J. Littleboy wrote:
> "SpookiePower" <boxjunk2600@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
>> to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
>> Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
>> open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
>> I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
>> Is there no such function ?

> There is no such function. Lightroom replaces both Bridge and
> Camera Raw.
> Use the "Develop" module in Lightroom. It provides all the
> functions of Camera Raw. Using the same code. Only the UI is
> different.
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan

Speaking of UI ...

Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the contrast
levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without putting my nose
up against the screen?

--
Frank ess

Roger Moss 03-26-2008 08:46 PM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?

news:DvidnQWlOOuqG3fanZ2dnUVZ_tSknZ2d@giganews.com ...

> David J. Littleboy wrote:
>> "SpookiePower" <boxjunk2600@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
>>> to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
>>> Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
>>> open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
>>> I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
>>> Is there no such function ?

>> There is no such function. Lightroom replaces both Bridge and
>> Camera Raw.
>> Use the "Develop" module in Lightroom. It provides all the
>> functions of Camera Raw. Using the same code. Only the UI is
>> different.
>> David J. Littleboy
>> Tokyo, Japan

> Speaking of UI ...
>
> Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the contrast
> levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without putting my nose up
> against the screen?
>

> --
> Frank ess

Lightroom will do all you'll probably need - and the current version is
1.4...

RM

nospam 03-26-2008 09:13 PM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?

In article <fsecng$477$1@news.tiscali.fr>, Roger Moss
<roger.moss(BINTHISBIT)@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> Lightroom will do all you'll probably need - and the current version is
> 1.4...

no, the current version 1.3.1. adobe pulled 1.4.

David J. Littleboy 03-27-2008 12:40 AM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?

"Frank ess" <frank@fshe2fs.com> wrote:

> Speaking of UI ...
>
> Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the contrast
> levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without putting my nose up
> against the screen?

Hmm. I'm not having problems here with that. FWIW, I have my LCD monitor's
contrast at max and brightness at almost the minimum. I work in relatively
subdued lighting, though: a spot reading of a gray card on my document stand
next to my monitor gives f/2.0 at 1/8 sec for ISO 100 with the reading lamp
off but all the room lights on (and two stops brighter with the reading
light on).

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Frank ess 03-27-2008 01:12 AM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?

Roger Moss wrote:
> "Frank ess" <frank@fshe2fs.com> wrote in message
> news:DvidnQWlOOuqG3fanZ2dnUVZ_tSknZ2d@giganews.com ...

[ ... ]

>> Speaking of UI ...
>>
>> Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the
>> contrast levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without
>> putting my nose up against the screen?
>>

>> --
>> Frank ess
>>

> Lightroom will do all you'll probably need - and the current
> version is
> 1.4...
>
> RM

Good "answer".

Speaking of UI ...

Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the
contrast levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without
putting my nose up against the screen?

You don't know?

What a surprise!

--
Frank ess

Frank ess 03-27-2008 01:19 AM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?

David J. Littleboy wrote:
> "Frank ess" <frank@fshe2fs.com> wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of UI ...
>>
>> Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the
>> contrast levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without
>> putting my nose up against the screen?

> Hmm. I'm not having problems here with that. FWIW, I have my LCD
> monitor's contrast at max and brightness at almost the minimum. I
> work in relatively subdued lighting, though: a spot reading of a
> gray card on my document stand next to my monitor gives f/2.0 at
> 1/8 sec for ISO 100 with the reading lamp off but all the room
> lights on (and two stops brighter with the reading light on).
>
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan

Thank you. I have some large light-level fluctuations in my viewing
area, not easily controlled. I'd really like to call up Monitor
Adjustments R Us and have them install a one-click or slider
adjustment utility; even better, an automatic compensator based on a
webcam input. How difficult could that be?

--
Frank ess

SpookiePower 03-27-2008 12:53 PM

Re: Lightroom 1.3 ?