Velocity Reviews

-   -   Using SQL Server for session states (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t60130-using-sql-server-for-session-states.html)

Jonathan Amend 07-18-2003 08:19 PM

Using SQL Server for session states

I tried configuring my web application to use SQL Server for session states
and I installed the SQL script provided by .NET to set up the databases and
whatever goes with it but now my web application returns the following
error:

Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable
objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is
'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.

bruce barker 07-19-2003 12:40 AM

Re: Using SQL Server for session states

the message is pretty clear. as the object must be serialized to a binary
field in sqlserver, it must be a serializable object. only inproc sessions
support non-serialiable objects.

-- bruce (sqlwork)