Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   HTML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f31-html.html)
-   -   Problems with width: 100% in IE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t601130-problems-with-width-100-in-ie.html)

Konrad Hammerer 03-23-2008 07:28 PM

Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
Hi!

Can somebody tell me why Firefox and IE behave different with the
following html code:

http://www.apdata.de/test.html

I need it the way Firefox is rendering it. How can I get IE to render it
the same way (only 1 scrollbar (DIV) with 94% width)?

Thanks,
Konrad

Els 03-23-2008 07:48 PM

Re: Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
Konrad Hammerer wrote:

> Can somebody tell me why Firefox and IE behave different with the
> following html code:
>
> http://www.apdata.de/test.html
>
> I need it the way Firefox is rendering it. How can I get IE to render it
> the same way (only 1 scrollbar (DIV) with 94% width)?


What happens if you replace

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

with

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

?


--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Konrad Hammerer 03-24-2008 06:17 AM

Re: Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
> What happens if you replace
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>
> with
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>


Nothing, still the same problem!

Best,
Konrad


>
>


Neredbojias 03-24-2008 06:59 AM

Re: Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
On 23 Mar 2008, Konrad Hammerer <konrad.hammerer@tesis.de> wrote:

>> What happens if you replace
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>>
>> with
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>>

>
> Nothing, still the same problem!


From here and for the problem as you specify, do:

<table style="table-layout:fixed;width: 100%;">

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.com/
Great sights and sounds

Konrad Hammerer 03-24-2008 10:25 AM

Re: Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
> From here and for the problem as you specify, do:
>
> <table style="table-layout:fixed;width: 100%;">


It's working...

Thank you very much!

Best,
Konrad

Neredbojias 03-24-2008 02:51 PM

Re: Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
On 24 Mar 2008, Konrad Hammerer <konrad.hammerer@tesis.de> wrote:

>> From here and for the problem as you specify, do:
>>
>> <table style="table-layout:fixed;width: 100%;">

>
> It's working...
>
> Thank you very much!


Bene. You can thank me by uploading an image to my image uploads page:

http://www.neredbojias.com/_u2/qusri.php

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.com/
Great sights and sounds

Neredbojias 03-24-2008 11:02 PM

Re: Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
On 24 Mar 2008, Konrad Hammerer <konrad.hammerer@tesis.de> wrote:

>> From here and for the problem as you specify, do:
>>
>> <table style="table-layout:fixed;width: 100%;">

>
> It's working...
>
> Thank you very much!


If that was you with the upload, muchas gracias! I like the pic, too.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.com/
Great sights and sounds

Els 03-25-2008 02:04 PM

Re: Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
Neredbojias wrote:

> If that was you with the upload, muchas gracias! I like the pic, too.


Eh.. it was me. It's in Rotterdam :-)

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Neredbojias 03-25-2008 05:04 PM

Re: Problems with width: 100% in IE
 
On 25 Mar 2008, Els <els.aNOSPAM@tiscali.nl> wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>
>> If that was you with the upload, muchas gracias! I like the pic, too.

>
> Eh.. it was me. It's in Rotterdam :-)


Oh, thanks so much, Els. I even looked up Erasmus Bridge (-from the
filename) in Wikipedia. It was quite interesting.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.com/
Great sights and sounds


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.