Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.NET and IIS Server. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t60056-asp-net-and-iis-server.html)

Abhijeet 07-18-2003 11:37 AM

ASP.NET and IIS Server.

I have Windows 2000 OS with SP1. How to make the IIS
server to work with ASP.NET? Currently the IIS works fine
with the ASP applications but not with aspx. I do not
have .Net studio installed on my machine.

When I try to access any aspx page, it opens it like a
text file in browser. The aspnet_wp.exe file is not
present on my system.

I want to run asp.net pages on the system. Does this need
the .Net studio to be installed (which will upgrade the
IIS) or do I need anything separate to upgrade my IIS
Server?

Gary Varga 07-18-2003 11:51 AM

ASP.NET and IIS Server.

Assuming that you've installed the .NET Framework runtime
you need to run the following command line:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
\aspnet_regiis.exe

Please note that this assumes v1.0 of the framework,
otherwise, select the appropriate version directory.

HTH,
Gaz

Jos 07-18-2003 12:57 PM

Re: ASP.NET and IIS Server.

"Abhijeet" <abhijeet@couthit.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows 2000 OS with SP1. How to make the IIS
> server to work with ASP.NET? Currently the IIS works fine
> with the ASP applications but not with aspx. I do not
> have .Net studio installed on my machine.
>
> When I try to access any aspx page, it opens it like a
> text file in browser. The aspnet_wp.exe file is not
> present on my system.
>
> I want to run asp.net pages on the system. Does this need
> the .Net studio to be installed (which will upgrade the
> IIS) or do I need anything separate to upgrade my IIS
> Server?

You need to install at least the dotNET distributable
(about 23 MB)

You can find it here:
http://www.asp.net/download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1
The installation is very easy, normally you don't even have
to reboot.

--

Jos