Velocity Reviews

-   -   de facto standard C unit testing framework? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t600530-de-facto-standard-c-unit-testing-framework.html)

Peter Michaux 03-21-2008 12:16 AM

de facto standard C unit testing framework?

Hi,

Is there a de facto standard C unit testing framework that is
generally liked?

Thank you,
Peter

Ian Collins 03-21-2008 12:22 AM

Re: de facto standard C unit testing framework?

Peter Michaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a de facto standard C unit testing framework that is
> generally liked?

I don't think there is.

You could look at CUnit (http://cunit.sourceforge.net). I have used a
number of the XUnit style frameworks (C++, JavaScript, Java and PHP) and
I have no hesitation in recommending any of those. I currently use
CppUnit for C, simply because I also use it for C++.

--
Ian Collins.