Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows System Error (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6004-windows-system-error.html)

wally 03-13-2005 03:51 PM

Windows System Error

I have just installed a new WEP enabled network using a D-Link 524 router. I
am using a Toshiba Qosmio.

When I start up or connect to the network I get the above notice which
states "A duplicate name exists on the network". How can I fix this? I have
changed SSID and still i get the error.

Thanks
Steve

Chris Catt 03-13-2005 04:55 PM

Re: Windows System Error

Hi, 'right-click' my computer, 'left-click' properties, go to computer name,
click on change. Then all you have to do is change the computer name to
something else, make sure no other PC are either on or have the same name
you are going to give your Toshiba...
ChrisC