Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Can't connect to remote sql server from asp.net buk ok from Enterprise Manager (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t60023-re-cant-connect-to-remote-sql-server-from-asp-net-buk-ok-from-enterprise-manager.html)

bruce barker 07-18-2003 12:30 AM

Re: Can't connect to remote sql server from asp.net buk ok from Enterprise Manager

you must use tcp/ip and standard security for your configuration to work.
named pipes requires an authenticated connection and is subject to the one
hop rule. turn off named pipe support on your sqlserver and see if you can
still connect.

-- bruce

"karim" <karim3411@11yahoo11.com> wrote in message
news:c857bbdd7527f5c6ec0c2021dbef6ed4@free.teranew s.com...

> I have an asp.net app that can connect from my development box to a
> database server.
>
> However the same app, when put on a web server box, can't connect to that
> database server. Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer on the web server
> can connect just fine. I am using SQL Server authentication. aspnet user

is