Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Can't connect to remote sql server from asp.net buk ok from Enterprise Manager (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t60019-re-cant-connect-to-remote-sql-server-from-asp-net-buk-ok-from-enterprise-manager.html)

Mamcx 07-17-2003 10:53 PM

Re: Can't connect to remote sql server from asp.net buk ok from Enterprise Manager

Remove now aspnet user from admin group! (no matter is a test server, is a
bad practique). You server is win2003? I don't can connect to Sql Server
using NT authentication but with Sql Server authentication is fine. Create
user group with the rigth permision on the database, create a user (like
WebUser) with strong password and connect with it...

karim 07-18-2003 12:15 AM

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:53:16 -0500, Mamcx wrote:

> Remove now aspnet user from admin group! (no matter is a test server, is a
> bad practique). You server is win2003? I don't can connect to Sql Server
> using NT authentication but with Sql Server authentication is fine. Create
> user group with the rigth permision on the database, create a user (like
> WebUser) with strong password and connect with it...

aspnet has more rights that it should. I know and certainly this is not the
cause of the problem.

Rmember I said the app connects fine from my development machine. This
means the user and password on the database work fine.

Karim