Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f30-java.html)
-   -   Tomcat 6 / Apache 2.2 integration problem (no images / tomcat deploysto temp dir) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t599793-tomcat-6-apache-2-2-integration-problem-no-images-tomcat-deploysto-temp-dir.html)

Andi 03-18-2008 02:10 PM

Tomcat 6 / Apache 2.2 integration problem (no images / tomcat deploysto temp dir)
 
Hi,

I have integrated my tomcat 6 instance with apache 2.2. I have used
the auto configuration of tomcat and it seems to work. When I access
my deployt web application no image will be displayed. Does anybody
knows why?

Another problem is, that when I deploy my webapp (myWebapp) tomcat
extracts the war in the webapps folder and an instance in the temp
folder (temp/0-myWebapp). When I now look in my auto generated
mod_jk.conf there is a new entry for the web applcation. The problem
is that the <Directory> tag points to the temp dir. Is it possible to
change the auto generation behaviour that it uses the directory in the
webapps folder?

Thanks for every hin

Andi 03-18-2008 02:23 PM

Re: Tomcat 6 / Apache 2.2 integration problem (no images / tomcatdeploys to temp dir)
 
Here a part of my http.conf. The name of the webapp is sw-builder:


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Include E:\server\apache-tomcat-6.0\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf

<Directory "E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/webapps/sw-builder">
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here the generated mod_jk.conf:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#################### localhost:/sw-builder ####################

# Static files
Alias /sw-builder "E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder"

<Directory "E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
</Directory>


# Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
#
<Location "/sw-builder/WEB-INF/*">
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Location>

<Location "/sw-builder/META-INF/*">
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Location>
#
# Use Directory too. On Windows, Location doesn't work unless case
matches
#
<Directory "E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder/WEB-
INF/">
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder/META-
INF/">
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Directory>

JkMount /sw-builder/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /sw-builder/*.jspx ajp13
JkMount /sw-builder/student/actionServlet ajp13
JkMount /sw-builder/actionServlet ajp13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here the workers.properties:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcelo Morales 03-18-2008 06:23 PM

Re: Tomcat 6 / Apache 2.2 integration problem (no images / tomcatdeploys to temp dir)
 
Hello

Open the graphics uri on a browser and tail the logfile. What's the
http status on apache httpd, 403 or 404 or something else?.

If is not a 400 or 500 error, check the mime type.

I can see nothing wrong with your configuration.

Hope it helps

Marcelo Morales

Andi 03-19-2008 01:56 PM

Re: Tomcat 6 / Apache 2.2 integration problem (no images / tomcatdeploys to temp dir)
 
On 18 Mrz., 19:23, Marcelo Morales <marcelomorales.n...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello
>
> Open the graphics uri on a browser and tail the logfile. What's the
> http status on apache httpd, 403 or 404 or something else?.
>
> If is not a 400 or 500 error, check the mime type.
>
> I can see nothing wrong with your configuration.
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Marcelo Morales


Hi,

thanks for your help. Here my logfile..

[Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Child process is
running
[Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Acquired the start
mutex.
[Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Starting 64 worker
threads.
[Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Starting thread to
listen on port 80.
[Wed Mar 19 14:57:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder/
images/blank.gif, referer: http://localhost/sw-builder/login.jsp
[Wed Mar 19 14:57:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder/
ci.css, referer: http://localhost/sw-builder/login.jsp

How should I di this with the mime type?

thanks

Marcelo Morales 03-19-2008 07:29 PM

Re: Tomcat 6 / Apache 2.2 integration problem (no images / tomcatdeploys to temp dir)
 
On Mar 19, 9:56 am, Andi <andreas.schnei...@skillworks.de> wrote:
> On 18 Mrz., 19:23, Marcelo Morales <marcelomorales.n...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello

>
> > Open the graphics uri on a browser and tail the logfile. What's the
> > http status on apache httpd, 403 or 404 or something else?.

>
> > If is not a 400 or 500 error, check the mime type.

>
> > I can see nothing wrong with your configuration.

>
> > Hope it helps

>
> > Marcelo Morales

>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your help. Here my logfile..
>
> [Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Child process is
> running
> [Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Acquired the start
> mutex.
> [Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Starting 64 worker
> threads.
> [Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Starting thread to
> listen on port 80.
> [Wed Mar 19 14:57:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
> server configuration: E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder/
> images/blank.gif, referer:http://localhost/sw-builder/login.jsp
> [Wed Mar 19 14:57:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
> server configuration: E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder/
> ci.css, referer:http://localhost/sw-builder/login.jsp
>
> How should I di this with the mime type?
>
> thanks


Hello

Forget the mime type for now. Add a location and a directory entries
for the images subfolder on the apache httpd configuration. If the
problem persists, then ask to apache httpd mailing lists.

MM

Andi 03-20-2008 06:50 AM

Re: Tomcat 6 / Apache 2.2 integration problem (no images / tomcatdeploys to temp dir)
 
On 19 Mrz., 20:29, Marcelo Morales <marcelomorales.n...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mar 19, 9:56 am, Andi <andreas.schnei...@skillworks.de> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On 18 Mrz., 19:23, Marcelo Morales <marcelomorales.n...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

>
> > > Hello

>
> > > Open the graphics uri on a browser and tail the logfile. What's the
> > > http status on apache httpd, 403 or 404 or something else?.

>
> > > If is not a 400 or 500 error, check the mime type.

>
> > > I can see nothing wrong with your configuration.

>
> > > Hope it helps

>
> > > Marcelo Morales

>
> > Hi,

>
> > thanks for your help. Here my logfile..

>
> > [Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Child process is
> > running
> > [Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Acquired the start
> > mutex.
> > [Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Starting 64 worker
> > threads.
> > [Wed Mar 19 14:57:10 2008] [notice] Child 4384: Starting thread to
> > listen on port 80.
> > [Wed Mar 19 14:57:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
> > server configuration: E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder/
> > images/blank.gif, referer:http://localhost/sw-builder/login.jsp
> > [Wed Mar 19 14:57:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
> > server configuration: E:/server/apache-tomcat-6.0/temp/0-sw-builder/
> > ci.css, referer:http://localhost/sw-builder/login.jsp

>
> > How should I di this with the mime type?

>
> > thanks

>
> Hello
>
> Forget the mime type for now. Add a location and a directory entries
> for the images subfolder on the apache httpd configuration. If the
> problem persists, then ask to apache httpd mailing lists.
>
> MM


I have added these subdirectories to the http.conf. But it seems that
I have to add the
directories in the temp folder. Thats really strange. The problem is,
that the extracted folders
in the temp dir are getting an index like 0-sw-builder. I think that
index is not everytime the same.
Thanks for the tip. I will try my luck at the mailing lists.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.