Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot download any Thuderbird Add-Ons (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t599196-cannot-download-any-thuderbird-add-ons.html)

Richard 03-16-2008 02:01 PM

Cannot download any Thuderbird Add-Ons

I have been trying in vain to download add-ons from their Web site to no
avail. If I click on the download link, it says "Getting File
Information" and eventually fails. If, instead, I clink on the right
mouse button instead, there is no "Save Link As" option. I have this
same problem both on Windows Xp & on Windows Vista.

Can anyone help please?

Leonidas Jones 03-16-2008 04:09 PM

Re: Cannot download any Thuderbird Add-Ons

Richard wrote:
> I have been trying in vain to download add-ons from their Web site to no
> avail. If I click on the download link, it says "Getting File
> Information" and eventually fails. If, instead, I clink on the right
> mouse button instead, there is no "Save Link As" option. I have this
> same problem both on Windows Xp & on Windows Vista.
>
> Can anyone help please?

What browser are you using to try to download the files?

Since TB is not a browser, the xpi files have to be downloaded in order
to be installed in TB. The AMO site assumes that you are using Firefox
to download these, by right clicking and choosing Save link as. If using
say, SeaMonkey, it would be Save link target as. In Opera, its Save
target as.

Lee