Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Where do I begin? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t598705-where-do-i-begin.html)

Me 03-14-2008 12:45 PM

Where do I begin?

Hi there,
I have a Degree in Multimedia computing and have a basic knowledge of
Delphi/Pascal, Java, HTML and Perl. I would like to persue a career in
programming and heard that c# is the way to go now.
I am willing to put the time and effort into learning it and am considering
getting a MC of some form. I just have a few questions and concerns and
wonder if any of you may be able to assist.

1) I have currently been unable to gain an IT based job.
2) I am a UK resident. (will this affect my chances in any way?)
3) I can not afford to do a course via Computeach/etc thus will be
purchasing resources and exams seperatly.
4) What course would you recommend?.

All feedback welcome.

Many thanks
Chris.

Gerard Bok 03-16-2008 06:59 PM

Re: Where do I begin?

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:45:31 -0000, "Me" <x@y.com> wrote:

>I have a Degree in Multimedia computing and have a basic knowledge of
>Delphi/Pascal, Java, HTML and Perl. I would like to persue a career in
>programming and heard that c# is the way to go now.
>I am willing to put the time and effort into learning it and am considering
>getting a MC of some form. I just have a few questions and concerns and
>wonder if any of you may be able to assist.
>
>1) I have currently been unable to gain an IT based job.
>2) I am a UK resident.

Maybe it pays off to check if this is still valid:
http://www.i-see-t.org.uk/inforurale...aining-grants/

> (will this affect my chances in any way?)

No comment :-)

>3) I can not afford to do a course via Computeach/etc thus will be
>purchasing resources and exams seperatly.

The best way is always, to have either an employer or the
government paying for you courses.

>4) What course would you recommend?.

Don't take my word, but C# sounds to me as D-flat :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok