Velocity Reviews

-   -   special characters (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t598129-special-characters.html)

vicky 03-12-2008 02:34 PM

special characters

hi friends,
presently i am doing the bakery system project,
here i want to use the special cahracters, how i go through it,,,

santosh 03-12-2008 03:34 PM

Re: special characters

vicky wrote:

> hi friends,
> presently i am doing the bakery system project,
> here i want to use the special cahracters, how i go through it,,,

If this is your best effort at describing a technical problem then maybe
you should fill the vacancy in that bakery's kitchen?

Describe your problem in detail with, if possible, compilable source
that exhibits it.

Nick Keighley 03-12-2008 04:11 PM

Re: special characters

On 12 Mar, 14:34, vicky <goelvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> presently i am doing the bakery system project,
> here i want to use the special cahracters, how i go through it,,,

what sort of special characters? Have you looked at unicode?
How does your platform implement wchar_t (hope I spelled it right!)

--
Nick Keighley

Keith Thompson 03-12-2008 04:37 PM

Re: special characters

vicky <goelvicky@gmail.com> writes:
> presently i am doing the bakery system project,
> here i want to use the special cahracters, how i go through it,,,

Do you mean the characters 's', 'p', 'e', 'c', 'i', 'a', 'l'?

If not, you're going to have to be a lot more explicit about what
you're trying to do. What are "special characters"? How and why do
you want to use them?

And we have no idea what the "bakery system project" might be. I
suspect it's a homework assignment. If so, you probably have a
textbook you can read and an instructor you can ask.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <kst-u@mib.org>
Nokia

Richard Heathfield 03-12-2008 04:40 PM

Re: special characters

santosh said:

> vicky wrote:
>
>> hi friends,
>> presently i am doing the bakery system project,
>> here i want to use the special cahracters, how i go through it,,,

> If this is your best effort at describing a technical problem then maybe
> you should fill the vacancy in that bakery's kitchen?

Why not save your sarcasm for those who deserve it? Okay, so it could be a
troll, but Hanlon's Razor suggests that it's more likely to be a newbie.
Why not cut him (or, just possibly, her) some slack?

> Describe your problem in detail with, if possible, compilable source
> that exhibits it.

Right.

Email: -http://www. +rjh@

santosh 03-12-2008 05:09 PM

Re: special characters

Richard Heathfield wrote:

> santosh said:
>
>> vicky wrote:
>>
>>> hi friends,
>>> presently i am doing the bakery system project,
>>> here i want to use the special cahracters, how i go through it,,,

>> If this is your best effort at describing a technical problem then
>> maybe you should fill the vacancy in that bakery's kitchen?

> Why not save your sarcasm for those who deserve it? Okay, so it could
> be a troll, but Hanlon's Razor suggests that it's more likely to be a
> newbie. Why not cut him (or, just possibly, her) some slack?

You don't need to have any C skills to describe a simple problem. It's
something you are taught by the time you are done with primary school.
I can't imagine how the OP expects any help to a post as vague as it
was.

I can only think of two reasons for this. Either he is not good enough
with English, or he is some sort of a troll.

>> Describe your problem in detail with, if possible, compilable source
>> that exhibits it.

> Right.

But you are right. I should have tempered my words. Apologies to the OP.

Falcon Kirtaran 03-12-2008 07:40 PM

Re: special characters

vicky wrote:
> hi friends,
> presently i am doing the bakery system project,
> here i want to use the special cahracters, how i go through it,,,

That is not a common problem or project that many people have heard about.

--
--Falcon Kirtaran