Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need some basic help with Cisco VPN (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t597950-need-some-basic-help-with-cisco-vpn.html)

justinbeitler 03-12-2008 03:51 AM

Need some basic help with Cisco VPN

Hey all,
We've got a VPN setup with a Cisco PIX 506e using the Cisco VPN client 4.0.5

Anyways, today I was forced to make a configuration change which moved our RADIUS server to another location, and thus another subnet. (it is across a T-1 point-to-point which is connected by two cisco 2611 XM routers) I updated our firewall but it doesn't want to work. When I try to connect to the VPN it prompts me for my username and password (so it is talking to the RADIUS server on some level) but then it just says "contacting security gateway" and won't go any farther. It eventually times out with error 413 saying "user authentication failed..."

I'm guessing that somehow a port is being blocked by the routers which are now between the firewall and RADIUS server? Anyone know a simple command to force the routers to forward along a specific port? (I'm guessing I need port 1645 or 1646???)

Thanks in advance for the help!!!