Velocity Reviews

-   -   Computer Authentication for Vista Wireless (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t597495-computer-authentication-for-vista-wireless.html)

Joel 03-10-2008 04:29 PM

Computer Authentication for Vista Wireless

Is it possible to force Vista to perform Computer Authentication for Wireless
Connections instead of User Authentication? You can do it in XP but I can't
even find a place to tell the Vista machine to Authenticate the computer
first before the user logs in. Is this functionality totally gone in Vista?

James McIllece [MS] 03-17-2008 08:07 PM

Re: Computer Authentication for Vista Wireless

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9lbA==?= <Joel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Is it possible to force Vista to perform Computer Authentication for
> Wireless Connections instead of User Authentication? You can do it in
> XP but I can't even find a place to tell the Vista machine to
> Authenticate the computer first before the user logs in. Is this
> functionality totally gone in Vista?

Yes, you can configure Vista clients to use computer authentication. What
kind of authentication infrastructure and what authentication methods are
you using?

--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

Joel 04-10-2008 12:28 AM

Re: Computer Authentication for Vista Wireless

I used teh guide from here
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb457068.aspx using a CA