Velocity Reviews

-   -   pc card vs usb network card (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5964-pc-card-vs-usb-network-card.html)

Alynn Baker 03-10-2005 10:58 AM

pc card vs usb network card

I have my laptops (Dell Inspiron 1000, 4150 and 9100) set up to use a
wireless pc card to connect to my router. I also have 1 usb network card.
All work fine.

Do pc cards and usb cards run the battery power down at the same rate or is
one or the other more efficient?

Is there a difference in reliability of connection between the 2 types of
wireless networking?

Jack \(MVP\) 03-10-2005 06:36 PM

Re: pc card vs usb network card

Hi

As very very general Rule, USB will take a little more “Juice”, and might be
not as stable as PCMCIA.

However, it really depends on the individual cards, and the envioroment that
the Wireless is used in.

Jack (MVP-Networking).