Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need help with reading the lucene hits speed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t596315-need-help-with-reading-the-lucene-hits-speed.html)

rboeckmann@groceryshopping.net 03-05-2008 06:53 PM

Need help with reading the lucene hits speed

I am new to this group and fairly new to Lucene. I like the speed it
offers when searching but what is the secret to getting the hits
returned.

Here is what I am doing...

// execute the search
Hits _oWidgetHits =
_oLuceneIndexSearch.ExecuteSearch(_booleanqqueryWi dgetsQuery,
INDEXPATH);

// read hit results
if (_oWidgetHits.Length() > 0)
{
for (int iResultsCount = 0; iResultsCount < _oWidgetHits.Length();
iResultsCount++)
{
// get the document from index
Document _dResultsDoc = _oWidgetHits.Doc(iResultsCount);

// create a new row with the result data
DataRow _rWidgets = _dtSearchResults.NewRow();
_rWidgets["WidgetID"] = _dResultsDoc.Get("WidgetID");
_rWidgets["WidgetTitle"] = _dResultsDoc.Get("WidgetTitle");

// add row
_dtSearchResults.Rows.Add(_rRecipe);
}
}

return _dtSearchResults;

I have tried using the hitIterator but that give me no gains. I am
researching the hitCollector but that seems to be the same concept.

The issue is the hits object really doesn't help. What I need is an
xml object. So I convert the hits to a dataset and that to xml. To
complicate things, the term searched in my boolean query is returning
32,000 records. Do I need them all? Probably not but I have to return
them in my webservice.

PLEASE HELP!