Velocity Reviews

-   -   About fsdb Dump using ncvhdl (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t596134-about-fsdb-dump-using-ncvhdl.html)

ytfilter 03-05-2008 03:49 AM

About fsdb Dump using ncvhdl

Hi,

I'm a newer in VHDL and trying to dump the waveform using ncvhdl but
not work.
The simulation is passes but no fsdb file created.
The source is as follows and hope someone help me to check if there
any wrong.

library ieee;
use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;

use work.novas.all;

entity test is
generic (
clkperiod : integer := 20
);
end;

architecture behav of test is

constant ct : integer := clkperiod/2;
signal clk : std_logic := '0';

begin

clk <= not clk after ct * 1 ns;

process
begin
fsdbDumpfile("test.fsdb");
fsdbDumpvars(0, ":");
wait;
end process;

end;

Thanks.
Andrew

JK 03-06-2008 05:35 AM

Re: About fsdb Dump using ncvhdl

On Mar 5, 8:49*am, ytfilter <AndrewYT.Chu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a newer in VHDL and trying to dump the waveform using ncvhdl but
> not work.
> The simulation is passes but no fsdb file created.
> The source is as follows and hope someone help me to check if there
> any wrong.

Are you compiling novas.vhd into work library?
Please check that correct environment variables are set and you are

For modelsim,
we have to set environment variable: setenv PLIOBJS
"<debussy_inst_dir>/share/PLI/modelsim_fli61/LINUX/novas_fli.so"
while compiling rtl, compile : vcom -explicit -2002 -work work
"<debussy_inst_dir>/share/PLI/modelsim_fli61/LINUX/novas.vhd"

May be the similar case with ncvhdl. Please check.

Regards,
JK