Velocity Reviews

-   -   Disabled JSR-82 Workaround (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t596100-disabled-jsr-82-workaround.html)

rocco 03-05-2008 01:32 AM

Disabled JSR-82 Workaround

If you really wanted to use bluetooth on a cell phone with JSR-82,
could you simply embed the relevant Java code from the APIs into the
actual .jar file and access the bluetooth from the midlet directly
without calling those particular APIs? Or is there an intrinsic
hardware block on ports within J2ME? Or do the phones in question
have a J2ME without JSR-82 meaning there is no way at all to access
hardware through the OS?

The analogy being: before I had easy access to VPS servers, if I had
to do advanced Perl for clients and couldn't install a PM, I just
wrote the code from ground up.