Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can I use Xerces for parsing XPath (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t595899-can-i-use-xerces-for-parsing-xpath.html)

QQ 03-04-2008 07:57 AM

Can I use Xerces for parsing XPath

I know that Xalan library provides the XPath functionality. But there
are also some DOMXPathXXXX Classes in the Xerces library. Can I just
use them and get the XPath functionality?

Thanks,
Qizhen

Martin Honnen 03-04-2008 12:21 PM

Re: Can I use Xerces for parsing XPath

QQ wrote:
> I know that Xalan library provides the XPath functionality. But there
> are also some DOMXPathXXXX Classes in the Xerces library. Can I just
> use them and get the XPath functionality?

The current Xerces-Java 2 documentation
<URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/api.html> lists two XPath
packages, one being
<URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/javax/xml/xpath/package-summary.html>,
the JAXP XPath API, the other being
<URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/w3c/dom/xpath/package-summary.html>,
the W3C DOM Level 3 XPath API.
I don't know whether Xalan is used to implement the XPath packages.
The JAXP XPath API is part of the Java 1.5 SDK too.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/