Velocity Reviews

-   -   Adobe Previewer in 64-bit? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t594692-adobe-previewer-in-64-bit.html)

David F 02-27-2008 11:22 PM

Adobe Previewer in 64-bit?

When I changed over from Vista 32 to Vista 64 one thing that doesn't work
correctly in 64 that did work in 32 is the Adobe previewer that is used in
Windows Explorer. Is there any way to fix this? TIA

Carlos 02-28-2008 12:08 AM

RE: Adobe Previewer in 64-bit?

David,
Have you installed any pdf file reader like Acrobat (www.acrobat.com) or
foxit (www.foxitsoftware.com)?
Carlos

David F 02-28-2008 01:55 AM

Re: Adobe Previewer in 64-bit?

Carlos, Yes, Adobe is installed. I get the preview in 32-bit when I ran it,
just not 64 bit. Word and other office programs still work in 64-bit.
David

S.SubZero 02-28-2008 04:52 AM

Re: Adobe Previewer in 64-bit?

Since the Adobe program you are trying to use is built with 32-bit
DLL's, they cannot interact with the 64-bit Explorer desktop.

David F 02-29-2008 03:58 AM

Re: Adobe Previewer in 64-bit?

But the Office 2007 Pro is 32-bit as well and it works with preview.

S.SubZero 02-29-2008 05:19 PM

Re: Adobe Previewer in 64-bit?

On Feb 28, 7:58*pm, "David F" <dfume...@ATSIGNgmailDOT.com> wrote:
> But the Office 2007 Pro is 32-bit as well and it works with preview.

Office 2007 comes with the necessary components to hook into the 64-
bit shell. If you look on the install disc you will see an
Office64.en-us directory with these components. If you install Office
2007 (which came out after XP64 so it knows what 64-bit is), it
automatically uses these components.

Adobe may not provide such facilities.

Chris Cowles 04-12-2008 11:14 PM

Re: Adobe Previewer in 64-bit?

"David F" <dfumento@ATSIGNgmailDOT.com> wrote in message news:573EE06F-A234-4EFB-997F-3B59780FF944@microsoft.com...
> When I changed over from Vista 32 to Vista 64 one thing that doesn't work
> correctly in 64 that did work in 32 is the Adobe previewer that is used in
> Windows Explorer. Is there any way to fix this? TIA

After a recent Acrobat reader update, this now works for me. That's true for icons, at least.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL