Velocity Reviews

-   -   DFI LANParty LT X38-T2R (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t594506-dfi-lanparty-lt-x38-t2r.html)

Ian 02-27-2008 08:58 AM

DFI LANParty LT X38-T2R

X-Bit labs take a look at the DFI LANParty LT X38-T2R motherboard, based on the Intel X38 chipset and of interest to overclockers:

Quote:

What do you usually mean when you say “overclocker mainboard”? It is a mainboard that should know to increase frequencies and voltages, isn’t it? But what frequencies and voltages, in what intervals and with what increment should these be? I don’t think parameters need to be listed, because if we give it a little bit more though, they all become secondary. Yesterday overclocking to 200MHz FSB was enough, and today we are not happy if we can hit only 500MHz FSB. Today one parameter is important, tomorrow, there will be others, so we will not be able to list them all. Overclocker mainboard is a mainboard for overclocking fans, i.e. it should meet their demands to the utmost, but how and with the help of what parameters and features, is a less significant detail in this case.
Read the review here.