Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wep encryption (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5916-wep-encryption.html)

Karl Hunt 03-06-2005 01:18 AM

Wep encryption

I have got a belkin 54g wireless router and a belkin 54 wireless card. I am
connected directly to the router so I have no problems but the other pc with
the wireless card does. I am confused because I have set up wireless
networks before no fuss, but I set up this wireless network and it works
fine until I enable wep encryption the other computer stays connected so I
have used the right wep key but it can no longer access the internet.

DLink Guru 03-06-2005 01:44 AM

Re: Wep encryption

You said your other computer is wired, WEP does not affect your wired
computers, so thats why it stays connected.

Do you just not have Internet on your wireless computer? Or is it not
connecting to your router at all? If its connecting to your router its not
the WEP Key as that will stop you from connecting to the router all
together.

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?= 03-10-2005 03:33 PM

Re: Wep encryption

I'm jumping onto an older link as I have exactly the same problem -- as soon
as I enable WEP, my wireless computer loses its ability to connect. I have
checked and rechecked the configurations and everything SEEMS to be OK. I
am running out of ideas . . .

Bob

DLink Guru 03-11-2005 12:23 AM

Re: Wep encryption

Did you enable WEP on your router and your computer?