Velocity Reviews

-   -   Babbage (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t591346-babbage.html)

shurtugal25@googlemail.com 02-13-2008 08:32 AM

Babbage

Hey,

Does anyone have any information regarding the Difference Engine that
was built per Babbage's specifications around 1991? I am doing a
history project on it and would be very thankful if someone could
point me towards some information.

TripleX

Paul 02-13-2008 09:00 AM

Re: Babbage

shurtugal25@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Does anyone have any information regarding the Difference Engine that
> was built per Babbage's specifications around 1991? I am doing a
> history project on it and would be very thankful if someone could
> point me towards some information.
>
> TripleX

Looks like the guy who built the replica, also wrote a book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difference_engine

Paul

sandy58 02-13-2008 01:54 PM

Re: Babbage

On Feb 13, 8:32 am, shurtuga...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Does anyone have any information regarding the Difference Engine that
> was built per Babbage's specifications around 1991? I am doing a
> history project on it and would be very thankful if someone could
> point me towards some information.
>
> TripleX

Hey,
here's as good as you get!