Velocity Reviews

-   -   Info re USA questions (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t591301-info-re-usa-questions.html)

basil 02-13-2008 02:23 AM

Info re USA questions

Hello,

I am trying at intervals to enter a message on certain American pages.
They only accept messages from their own list of states. There is no
space for people outside the US. That is telling me something but has
anyone found out how to get around such narrow forms? I don't like it
when sites make you, me and everyone else rigidly stick to a stereo
form.

texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. 02-13-2008 03:24 AM

Re: Info re USA questions

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:23:59 -0800 (PST), basil <noflynn@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am trying at intervals to enter a message on certain American pages.
>They only accept messages from their own list of states. There is no
>space for people outside the US. That is telling me something but has
>anyone found out how to get around such narrow forms? I don't like it
>when sites make you, me and everyone else rigidly stick to a stereo
>form.

What websites are you looking at [if you care to name them publicly].

I am in the US and would be interested to see what they say.

Cath

Bruce Sinclair 02-13-2008 05:31 AM

Re: Info re USA questions

In article <77f5404e-b767-43b1-86fe-abb57a4de76f@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, basil <noflynn@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am trying at intervals to enter a message on certain American pages.
>They only accept messages from their own list of states. There is no
>space for people outside the US. That is telling me something but has
>anyone found out how to get around such narrow forms? I don't like it
>when sites make you, me and everyone else rigidly stick to a stereo
>form.

Tried lying ? It's a computer, it won't know and you can't hurt its
feelings. :)
If a web site insists on data I don't have or will not give, I make it up.
Hopefully, they will work out (eventually) that their requirements are
silly and fix it. :)

Matty F 02-13-2008 10:51 AM

Re: Info re USA questions

On Feb 13, 6:31 pm, bruce.sincl...@NOSPAMORELSEagresearch.NOTco.NOTnz
(Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
> In article <77f5404e-b767-43b1-86fe-abb57a4de...@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, basil <nofl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,

> >I am trying at intervals to enter a message on certain American pages.
> >They only accept messages from their own list of states. There is no
> >space for people outside the US. That is telling me something but has
> >anyone found out how to get around such narrow forms? I don't like it
> >when sites make you, me and everyone else rigidly stick to a stereo
> >form.

> Tried lying ? It's a computer, it won't know and you can't hurt its
> feelings. :)
> If a web site insists on data I don't have or will not give, I make it up.
> Hopefully, they will work out (eventually) that their requirements are
> silly and fix it. :)

There's quite a good streaming radio site that I wanted to listen to,
but it requires you to be in the US. It requires you to prove that by
giving your ZIP code. 90210 seemed familiar so I put that and it
worked just fine :)