Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I turn on my wireless switch? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t591275-how-do-i-turn-on-my-wireless-switch.html)

jimbob 02-12-2008 11:48 PM

How do I turn on my wireless switch?

Suddenly, my wireless adapter does not work. Pressing Fn+F2 does nothing to
turn on the wireless switch. What's wrong? This used to work fine.

Using Xp Pro, Dell Inspiron 6000 which has Intel ProSet wireless and generic
Windows wireless set up.

Thanks for your help!

Jim 02-13-2008 01:38 AM

Re: How do I turn on my wireless switch?

"jimbob" <jimbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly, my wireless adapter does not work. Pressing Fn+F2 does nothing
> turn on the wireless switch. What's wrong? This used to work fine.
>
> Using Xp Pro, Dell Inspiron 6000 which has Intel ProSet wireless and
> generic
> Windows wireless set up.
>
> Thanks for your help!

As mentioned in the fine Intel manual, there are two switches. One is
hardware; the other is software. Both must be on for the adapter to
function. The fine manual tells how to locate both switches.

Jim

jimbob 02-13-2008 07:25 AM