Velocity Reviews

-   -   DataBase connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t59105-database-connection.html)

varun varun 07-07-2003 11:47 AM

DataBase connection

hello friends,

i am developing an asp.net application in which
i want to keep database connection of
my application alive through out the application.

in my case, my DBMS is MS SQL Server 2000.

i came to know that in application_init event of
the application, we can put some code to
connect to our back-end.

i tried to search a lot for this event in
developer environment but could not locate it.

so can anyone tell where do i need to put the code ?

thank you.

Kevin Spencer 07-07-2003 12:48 PM

Re: DataBase connection

You need to dump the idea. ADO.Net is designed to leverage Connection
Pooling, and trying to use one Connection for the entire app is not a good
or safe idea.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP