Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP and .NET SERVER (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t59096-asp-and-net-server.html)

news.microsoft.com 07-07-2003 10:26 AM

ASP and .NET SERVER

ASP old websites .... working fine with .NET 2003 and IIS 6 ?

James J. Foster 07-07-2003 12:09 PM

Re: ASP and .NET SERVER

I have not had a problem with any of my classic ASP websites. There is some
configuration work you may need to do though, because of Windows Server
2003's tighter default security. One is that you'll need to enable ASP pages
to execute on the server. Another that you may need to do is enable parent
paths for include directives. (see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=332117)

--
James J. Foster, DotNetCoders
http://www.dotnetcoders.com

Angus Logan 07-07-2003 12:35 PM

Re: ASP and .NET SERVER

Hi,
I have found a few issues upgrading websites on Framework 1.0 to
Framework 1.1, only little things like ValidateRequest not allowing tags to
get posted to the server etc.

cheers,
angus

Kevin Spencer 07-07-2003 12:46 PM

Re: ASP and .NET SERVER

Yes. First of all, the .Net platform doesn't affect other technologies
installed on the server. It only works with .Net applications. Second,
ASP.Net is a completely different ISAPI than ASP. The 2 are not related in
any way. And IIS 6 is just the next (and best, so far) generation of IIS. I
have tested both ASP and ASP.Net (including within the same web) on Windows
Server 2003 running IIS 6, with no problems at all.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer