Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASPNET user account (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t59035-aspnet-user-account.html)

Joseph D. DeJohn 07-05-2003 09:48 PM

ASPNET user account

"It says that Web applications run using the ASPNET user account. The
SQL database administrator will have to set up this account and grant it
permissions before your Web application will have access to a SQL database."

My question is: Is this account already setup? IF it is, are there any
special settings that I need to set in order for it to work? I know nothing
about this account or where it fits into the whole security scheme of
things. Any help would be much appreciated.

Benjie Fallar 07-07-2003 08:10 AM

Re: ASPNET user account

just tell your DB admin to add the ASPNET account to the database you want
to access via ASP.NET web forms.

Alternatively, you can open web.config and use impersonation via <identity>
tag