Velocity Reviews

-   -   Automatic date in Word 2007 documents (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t590330-automatic-date-in-word-2007-documents.html)

Rolf 02-08-2008 11:06 AM

Automatic date in Word 2007 documents

Hi,

My daugther asked i I could help her find out how to fix MSWord 2007 so that
dates inserted in documents by the automatic feature when the document is
created can be fixed so that they stay permanent when the document is
reopened at a later date? At present, the dates are automatically updated to
the current date.

I only have Word 2000 here.

..

Mike Yetto 02-08-2008 01:21 PM

Re: Automatic date in Word 2007 documents

Bada bing Rolf <rolf.aalberg@tele2.no> bada bang:
> Hi,
>
> My daugther asked i I could help her find out how to fix MSWord 2007 so that
> dates inserted in documents by the automatic feature when the document is
> created can be fixed so that they stay permanent when the document is
> reopened at a later date? At present, the dates are automatically updated to
> the current date.
>
> I only have Word 2000 here.

I'm answering from memory, so this might be a little thin.

Right click on the date field and choose an option that looks
like it will let you edit the field. You will then have the
choice of putting in the current date, last saved date, printed
date.

From the right click menu you should be able to set it to a date
string rather than a field, if this is what you want.

Mike "basically: right click something" Yetto
--
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
- William of Ockham

Jim McCARDLE 02-08-2008 07:47 PM

Re: Automatic date in Word 2007 documents

Hi, in Word 2007 if you click on the tab labeled "INSERT" you will see
(on the right hand side of the screen an option to insert the Date in
a variety of settings or ways. It is in the box called TEXT.
I think the only way to do it automatically would be to create a blank
page and insert the date field where you want it and then save this
page as a template. Try using the help fweture in woed if you are not
sure.
Hope this helps.
J McC jmccardl@bigpond.net.au

Rolf 02-09-2008 12:16 PM

"Jim McCARDLE" <jmccardl@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:21:29 -0500, Mike Yetto <myetto1@nycap.invalid>
> wrote:

I thank you both; I think that armed with what you have suggested I will be
able to implement a solution at my next visit to her.

Rolf

lwcooper 09-11-2012 10:59 PM

Automatic date in Word 2007 documents

Hi, I know this post is old but it came across my path and I see the answer was not found. In Word 2007 if you click on the tab labeled "INSERT" you will see
several options to insert the date. On the bottom right there is a box to be checked that has update automatically listed. Click on this box and automatically update each time you open the page.

Louise Cooper