Velocity Reviews

-   -   Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t590191-trendnet-wireless-adapter-tew-424ub.html)

danc 02-07-2008 05:44 PM

Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found automatically.
When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does not
recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end up
with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial install
try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I tried it
on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter in a
Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help me.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 02-07-2008 08:24 PM

Re: Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

Hi
Run the Drivers/utility setup before you insert the card.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

danc 02-08-2008 11:59 AM

Re: Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that. I tried it with the disk that
came with the adapter and just using the drivers from windows. They are the
same. I've booted rebooted, used the BIOS setup to auto, able, disable,
whatever the wireless zero config. I believe I tried every install sequence
possible. I even tried the hotfix in article 921413 because it perfectly
described my symptoms. All to no avail.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 02-08-2008 07:41 PM

Re: Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

Hi
Log to TrendNet support, look for the model and the Version of the adapter
that you have, download and use the latest Drivers available there.

danc 02-09-2008 02:58 PM

Re: Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

I did that and also tried to use the Vista drivers on the XP computer.
Wouldn't work. The strange thing with this problem is on the initial
installation I got through about half of the configuration when the adapter
disappeared. It was receiving my wireless router. My last needs
clarification the BIOS was used to able, disable, auto what is called "legacy
usb support." "System" was used for the wzc.