Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   MCP DataBase Search (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t590166-mcp-database-search.html)

Dave 02-07-2008 03:55 PM

MCP DataBase Search

Does anyone one know how to add yourself to the MCP database? I've passed my
exam and all signed up but can't seem to find myself on the database?

John R 02-07-2008 04:34 PM

Re: MCP DataBase Search

> Does anyone one know how to add yourself to the MCP database? I've passed
> my
> exam and all signed up but can't seem to find myself on the database?

Update your community profile here...
https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/benefi...e/Default.mspx

John R

Dave 02-08-2008 11:34 PM

Re: MCP DataBase Search

"John R" wrote:

> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone one know how to add yourself to the MCP database? I've passed
> > my
> > exam and all signed up but can't seem to find myself on the database?
> >

> Update your community profile here...
> https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/benefi...e/Default.mspx
>
> John R

I have tried that but it doesn't seem to do anything? I must be missing
something

Dave 02-08-2008 11:36 PM

Re: MCP DataBase Search

John R 02-09-2008 01:41 AM

Re: MCP DataBase Search

> "John R" wrote:
>

>> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone one know how to add yourself to the MCP database? I've
>> > passed
>> > my
>> > exam and all signed up but can't seem to find myself on the database?
>> >

>> Update your community profile here...
>> https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/benefi...e/Default.mspx
>>
>> John R
>>

> I have tried that but it doesn't seem to do anything? I must be missing
> something

In each section such as "Name, Photo and Biography Abstract", there is a
radio button at the bottom to make it publically available. It also says it
can take up to 36 hours for changes to be reflected (although my experience
is it takes about 5 min).

John R

Dave 02-09-2008 01:09 PM

Re: MCP DataBase Search

Dave 02-09-2008 01:20 PM

Re: MCP DataBase Search

John R 02-09-2008 02:14 PM

Re: MCP DataBase Search

>> also there doesn't seem to be anywhere to upload a picture or anythin???

https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/benefi...e/Default.mspx

Dave, you clearly aren't reading the page. Right in the middle of the page,
there is a link that says 'Create or Edit your MCP community Profile' under
the blue banner that says 'For MCPs'. Below that, there are instructions
for 'Getting started with your community profile'.

John R

Dave 02-10-2008 03:22 PM

Re: MCP DataBase Search

"John R" wrote:

> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> also there doesn't seem to be anywhere to upload a picture or anythin???

> https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/benefi...e/Default.mspx
>
> Dave, you clearly aren't reading the page. Right in the middle of the page,
> there is a link that says 'Create or Edit your MCP community Profile' under
> the blue banner that says 'For MCPs'. Below that, there are instructions
> for 'Getting started with your community profile'.
>
> John R
>

> John i have read the instructions, went to my profile, i can see my micosoft profile with no problems. but there doesn't seem to be a community profile selection? I can see the blue banner that says for MCP's but when i click on it doesn't seem to get to what you describe.

this is what i do
i go here
https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/benefi...e/Default.mspx
then click the link
Create or edit your MCP community profile
it brings me to here
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...embersite.mspx

then what do i do ? i have already a windows live ID associated with my
mcp ID
it just seems to go round in circles?

ifi001 03-05-2008 10:23 AM

Yes Dave .. I agree with u .. i am now also facing the same problem and there is no link to go community profile ... And this thing is just going round in circles .. :oops: .. Do u managed to do it now .. pls help me if u find the solution of this problem mate :)