Velocity Reviews

-   -   disable skype supernodes in unix clients (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t590039-disable-skype-supernodes-in-unix-clients.html)

Gary 02-07-2008 01:31 AM

disable skype supernodes in unix clients

Hi,

Has anyone figured out a way to disable the supernode capability of Skype
Mac or Linux clients? The version 3 series Win32 clients have this option
built in but the feature is not likely to appear any time soon in the v2
relases for Mac OS X and Linux. I've tried running behind a proxy server
but am still seeing inbound connections to my client that are encrypted
and appears similar to traffic generated without the proxy. Any advice
would be most helpful aside from suggestions that I block Skype traffic
altogether as that is not an option for me.

Thanks,
Gary