Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless network connection blocked by firewall (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t590035-wireless-network-connection-blocked-by-firewall.html)

Jill 02-07-2008 01:33 AM

Wireless network connection blocked by firewall

I've just activated a wireless connection but I can't connect as it says "Not
Connected, Firewalled" in my network connections. How can I get the firewall
to allow this connection without switching it off altogether?

Lem 02-07-2008 02:41 AM

Re: Wireless network connection blocked by firewall

Jill wrote:
> I've just activated a wireless connection but I can't connect as it says "Not
> Connected, Firewalled" in my network connections. How can I get the firewall
> to allow this connection without switching it off altogether?

What can't you connect to? The Internet?

Perhaps if you described exactly what you have (make/model of router and
wireless adapter(s); version of Windows), what you are trying to do, and
what error messages you get (please quote entire message), we could give
you some focused help.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking