Velocity Reviews

-   -   .Net component and locked classid (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t58981-net-component-and-locked-classid.html)

Mario Hébert 07-04-2003 04:03 PM

.Net component and locked classid

Is it possible to lock a specific classid for a .net component directly in
the C# source code? I mean like putting an attribute in the assembly.cs file
or elsewhere... Each time i register my new version of the component with
regasm, i want that the objet always keep the initial classid or the one
that i will assign to...

Thanks

Mario Hebert

Arild Fines 07-05-2003 02:01 PM

Re: .Net component and locked classid

Mario Hébert wrote:
> Is it possible to lock a specific classid for a .net component
> directly in the C# source code? I mean like putting an attribute in
> the assembly.cs file or elsewhere... Each time i register my new
> version of the component with regasm, i want that the objet always
> keep the initial classid or the one that i will assign to...

Apply the GuidAttribute to your class.

--
Arild Fines

http://ankhsvn.tigris.org
A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.