Velocity Reviews

-   -   4 memory sticks w/Vista64 problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t589574-4-memory-sticks-w-vista64-problem.html)

steveonan 02-05-2008 04:54 AM

4 memory sticks w/Vista64 problem

Need some help!!

Have the following:
ASUS P5K
Intel E8400
Corsair (4x) 1gb ram TwinXMS
EVGA 8800gt
Vista 64bit

My system runs very unstable with all 4 sticks in, continually bsod's. Ran
memory test, says memory has a problem. Put 2 sticks in, ran mem test, all
ok, put other 2 sticks in alone, mem test ok. Put all 4 in together, bios
and windows sees all 4gb, but it is still unstable. Any suggestions? I
could run with 2, but why use 64bit?

Thanks

Colin Barnhorst 02-05-2008 06:15 AM

Re: 4 memory sticks w/Vista64 problem

A common hardware issue with pc6400 that has been discussed frequently in
vista.hardware_devices. If you are running pc6400 reduce your dram speed to
667 and it should stabilize. The issue, if it is the one you have, shows up
when the fourth dimm slot is filled on some mobos.

steveonan 02-05-2008 07:21 AM

Re: 4 memory sticks w/Vista64 problem

That did the trick! Thanks a lot, it's been driving me crazy.

Colin Barnhorst 02-05-2008 07:48 AM

Re: 4 memory sticks w/Vista64 problem

You're welcome.